Each nine weeks I host an AVID parent night this is to get the parents to be active in their child’s learning. It’s so hard to get parent at my school to come out from parent’s nights. I just had one about 2 weeks ago. In order to get parents to come out I have to give them at least a month notice so they can get off work early. Parent night usually starts at 6:00 p.m. to give parents time to get off work and to the school. I also provide dinner and child care service for families during parent night, so parents don’t have any reasons not to show up. This last parent night I had about 100 parents to show up which is great! On the agenda for this parent night was the 8th grade AVID student’s trip to the University of South Florida and Busch gardens and 8th grade transition to high school AVID program…….
Until time………
I know what you mean by informing the parents ahead. I had to do this and it is a lot of work. The parent participation was great so I guess in the end all the hard work is worth it.
ReplyDelete