Until next time….
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
AVID College Tours
As the AVID coordinator I plan college tours. It's easy to talk about college to student’s but it's another thing show them the college experience. So far this school year I have taken my student to 4 colleges this year. UCF of course back in October. Last college tour for this year will be to the University of South Florida in Tampa and as a bonus Busch gardens after the college tour. Think my 8th graders are more excited about Busch gardens part. Most of my students have never left John Young and Oakridge Road, some taking them to Tampa is a big deal. This is the second year I have taking students to Tampa. It’s a lot of paper work to take students out of the county but it so worth it in the end. So permission slips will good home on Monday. I am telling my students they have 28 days to behavior in their other core classes. If you misbehavior, or referrals they know that they will not be going on the trip. This is only trip student’s have to pay for and that only because of Busch garden tickets which cost $39.00. My principal pays for all the transportation for field trips. I know some students might not be able to afford the trip so I have asked to teachers to donate to help pay for students who can’t afford the $39.00.
Until next time….
Until next time….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wish that I would have learned earlier. Would have personally contributed. Thanks for caring...they,too, care...it just takes them a minute to realize that they do...
ReplyDeleteMarthaLueStewart